Don't forget the 'fun' times - by Simran Mathews


It’s been a crazy year for many of us. A lot did not go our way, some plans changed, some disappointments and some victories too. One thing I have learned this year is to just get up, dust off & move forward; and after kids you learn to let go, be free and have fun. Life is hectic for a mum. I tell you what; even for those mums who have nannies and maids life is still hectic. Now for those who don't have any help... I have learnt to juggle doing so many things in one day. When in bed at night I have these big plans with my handsome man but to my surprise I open my eyes and its morning HAHA!! Where did the night go??? That's called exhaustion.

Anyhow hubby knew that his wife needed some time off, and he let me go visit my girlfriends in India for the weekend while he babysits our boys. Now before you feel sorry for him let me just let you know he is pretty awesome with the kids; that they don’t miss me when I am gone, they have the time of their life. I hear they played in the rain, ate ice-cream almost every day that I was gone and was out all day. Sharp 7.30pm in bed no drama. But when I am around boy do I see two little monsters come out because they know they can play up with mummy.

So I took off so excited to have the weekend to myself and to have an all-girls time away... OH my word dreams come true. On flight I could barely sit still I was so excited to be on my own I watched two movies back to back. I was so into the movie that I was laughing, crying and talking back to myself. I landed and it was time for the fun to begin. I was staying with my girlfriend for three nights. I spent my morning meeting with people and talking about what we can do in the future , how we, together can make a difference in our City Chennai ( India), and at night I wore my loubs , Chanel on my shoulder , hair let down and I was ready to go .
 
 

I truly believe every mum out there needs time out. Whatever works for you? A day out, a night away, a weekend, a whole week. Whatever works for you? Make it happen. You want to be the best wife and mum to your kids. You need to take time out for yourself. Lucky me I have a husband who understands that. Message to all husbands: Give your wives time to themselves.

Back to my trip: My girls, I have known them for many years. We know things about each other  no one knows. We have done things together we can never speak about. Girl power, BFF’S, Blood sisters all that put together is something we had and something that we still have. We have been through it all together and it’s beautiful.
This trip meant a lot to me. What my girls and I did we had never done before. We took off to a beach house & spent the evening together. We have gone away together many times but what we did that night we had never done before. We had a heart to heart. And that just brought us even closer. We apologised for where we failed as a friend and promised to always stand up for each other and never let anyone down. By now you should know if you have been reading my posts, I am all about the HEART haha!! Heart matter is very important to me. You want to live a happy life then deal with your crap.

We left that night feeling solid as friends and went out and had the time of our lives. What is life to you?? For me it’s about the people. These relationships I have they matter to me, I take it seriously. I want to treat people the way I want to be treated. I want you to take back a few things from this post -

Relationships are important, don’t take your friends for granted , don’t be afraid to have a heart to heart , stop the gossip, stop the jealousy.. you are only going to turn out being more miserable & unhappy. Choose life like me, love, love and love it’s such a beautiful thing to do. It only makes you happier, prettier & younger. What you are inside will reflect on your outside. Today people come to me and say I am glowing. I have no secret cream or regime but that I choose to take care of the matters of my heart and I choose to love when it hurts the most.

Happy December sweet people.
 
Love
Simi xx