Fashion Forward Friday - "Easton Pearson, fashion flaring pair"



Fashion Forward Friday is flapping it's homage to the Brisbane fashion duo 'Easton Pearson'!

Recently I threw on my 'heelio's' swung on my Chloe arm candy and skipped my way into the much muttered about 'Easton Pearson Exhibition' at the lux GOMA ( Gallery of Modern Art).

Moi, was feeling excited and elated... because up until now I have never really lent towards the fashion offering's of this fashion flaring pair. Maybe because they serve up their fashion to such a select fashion group... those who like the 'loud and proud' effect, with bold canvas like print fabrics...... reminds me very much like a modernised version of the 'Ken Done' era.. except, no Koala's and gala's here.... no only just big pineapples jutting out of the front door signage panel of the exhibition?!

Image source: www.news.com.au

Fashion gasping - 'what was with the pineapples?'... the only stylish explanatin I could think of, was maybe... just maybe.... because Queensland is their first and forever mother love country, so they need to polish the apples of good old Queensland Government... excuse me or should I say 'polish the pineapples', well I guess the pair had to pay back homage to the good old sunny Qld and the government, for putting on this 'fashion art showing'.

Click clacking my way into the hollowed display.... it is safe to declare, that my fashion eyes were clearly pleased with the sight before me. Dear fashionista's close your eyes for just a second and picture.... scattered mannequined dummies, torsos and busts suspended from oh so sky high ceilings and clothed in a selection of garments of what I presume the Easton Pearson gang believe as to be the best of their twenty year career, mounted story boards, snippets of the pairs career activities painted on the display walls and last but not least... the dangling lanterns..... oh what a dimly lit mood that created, very calming a surreal, similar to that of a quiet dimly lit restaurant.

Truly a breathtaking fashion effect! Truly a showcasing of fashion in 'art form'. Any fashionista & stylista would have loved the 'up close and personal' effect... I had the pleasure of weaving endlessly between each garments, casting my fashion eyes on the immense detailing and lux textiles created by this fashion flaring pair. The only fashion music one could hear, would have to be the 'click clacking' of my heels and other heels of fashionista's just saviouring the fashion moment.


I must admit to my fashion conscience... If not for the creative interior of this 'tres chic' exhibition I may not have enjoyed it as much.

There were definately 'fashion cringeing' moments, when I thought "what on earth is that doing there?", or " oh nice.. but why?". However my fashion tastes were tickled at the sight of some very fashion forward 'capelletes'.......... I could just picture the fashion worthy sight of teaming up the capelletes with their odd and few 'sweeping' evening gowns.

The fashionable stand out moment, would have to simply be the display of heavily embellished 'bolero' type jackets long and short... with intense detailing of embellishments drawn to the buttoms and collars.... that's about it really... quite pretty and different, I suppose.

Thumbs up to the initiation of the 'kiddies corner'... as I click clacked silently back and forth, I made my way into an area that was obviously 'nurturing' the younger fashion ducklings' of today xoxo. Bravo to this!, little mini's were seated around clothing little he and she cardboard cut outs. I even braved the fashion mini's and created one of my own..xoxo.



My fashion tongue, is not to willingly quick to rave on about the actual fashion displaying's.... ( definately better than some of the S/S collection for this season! ), but will give a fashion nod to the creative design of the exhibition...... truly a unique fashion tasting, that has taken 'fashion viewing' to a new cultural and high end fashion purpose!

Here are my fashion truth's about Easton Pearson's 2009 Spring Summer creations: Looks like something that only Byron Bay 'er communities would slap on... although there were a few pieces that that grabbed my eye.... such as the lush green 'Pluto coat' and the 'ashi top' and 'bril skirt'... not so loving the 'Alaini top' and 'drawstring pan'.. too pyjama looking for me... it'll make me feel far too lazy. To view, park your fashion noseyness @ - http://www.eastonpearson.com/

P.S. Maybe MBFF ( Brisbane) could try and snag a sponsorship deal to stage their fashion fest at the GOMA!!!, and you'll be better off using the suspended mannequins! xoxo.

Style rating: Easton Pearson ( Exhibition at GOMA) - Applaud
Gleefully sashaying out of the exhibition with arm candy in tote!

Love me or hate me,

Madam Alexandra E. 
fashion critic.fashion expert.fashion queen