GAIL SORRONDA ( GAIL REID)...BON JOUR......AU REVOIR... MERCI... MWAH XO.


Please pour me a moet and slip on my Peter Alexander comfies... I think I've drifted off to an era of absolute eery Parisian decadence... I would so be seated on my throne in this Gail Sorronda ensemble xoxo.

Take me on a fashion finding experience indeed!. With absolute fashionable glee... very rarely does one come across something that is just bursting with extreme fashion flaring talent. And yes.. ladies and gentlemen of the fashionista world... stand up once again for the cusping talents of Gail Reid.. of the label 'GAIL SORRONDA'.

Standing ovation for her latest designing hands in the ss 09/10 collection. So in awe was I with this collection... I simply was bursting with unparrallel excitement!... similar to that of a fashionista receiving her much anticipated Chanel arm candy.... mmmmmm yes.. waited too long..... far too long.

My roving fashion eye has followed this pretty little talent... ever since her conception into the 'fashion world'. Whilst it is true to say that once a upon a time.. she was bowling Brisbanites all over with her awards and accolades... but in one slight 'puff' she had disappeared from our shores... and hence placed her well rounded talent in the shores of Parisian flare.. ( yes Gail Reid.. is bopping about in the eiffel tower precinct).

Her signature use of black and white colour palettes.... is completely boring.. but yet absolutely mesmorising once you are given the delightful taste of one of her creations. This season.. would have to display Gail Reid in a top honour of 'theatrical design'. Each creation reflected a by gone era of decadence... come theatre... come showreel... come all things eery yet blood thirstingly brilliant xoxo.

Her designs are truly an epitome of feminitiy in a very dark , raw and rare element. Oh I must take a seat.. before fainting from sheer excitement. The feeling is absolutely engaging... this designista is clearly in a creative element of her own.. years ahead of her fellow designistas'. Nothing that other colleagues have not yet predicted.

Her talent lies not only within her creations... but also the innate and impeccable ability to portray a vision that tells a story. How many times must thy fashion critic queen declare in lung and tone..... 'your creation should reflect not just inspiration from something..or somewhere... but it must also tell a story of it's own..' ( sorry.. just felt like being a teacher of some sort..and share my words of so called wisdom... xo).

I look into my famous crystal ball... and predict that this little designista.. although distantly ashore.... will climb very high up the fashion rung. In fact... it would be delightfully refreshing to see a slight burst of colour in her creations??? maybe give us a stunning 'ruby red... or violet' creation... just one.. amongst your signature black and white creations????

Mwah.. for her delicate attention to detail indeed xoxo. Too often do I bare witness to emerging designers who settle for less.. they think it is suffice to drape their creations on ill looking or ill fitting canvas's......It is more that just slapping your creation on any Tom, Dick, Jane or Jenny.

Darlings... its all about the styling element and the attention paid to absolutely everthing. E.g. if you have created a stunning garment dress.. then through the design and the image modelled.. I want to be able to see and feel... where I can wear it.. how I can wear it... and with what I can wear it with.....

My critic tongue is full of praise and accolade for Ms Gail Reid..... impressed with her silent creations, and without much media frenzy anymore... she still manages to stir the fashion pot!. Just a slight pause........................................................although I'm not sure whether many of your pieces are wearable...????, but it doesn' t really matter.. because true appreciators of fashion if they were clever... would step out and invest in one of your creations.... don't neccessarily have to wear it.. just delightfully breathtaking to look at.

Particular voices have noted Ms Reid to be amongst the top 100 emerging talents..... please correct this.... Ms Reid has already emerged in her own light!.

Ms Reid.. dear I love your current artistic flare.....so 'theatrically artsy' and 'morbidly disturbing'.. in a grandiose sense. You just might be able to swim better in the 'couture' pool ( hint.. hint.. try your hand at grand couture design).

Raising a glass of Moet to you darling... Mwah Au Revoir.. Bon jour.. Merci... all the hello's and goodbyes and thankyou's of accolades I can offer.


Style rating: Gail Sorronda ss 09/10 collection - Bravo ( loving it, air kisses all around, give me more darling).

Gail Reid - Standing ovation ( A designista.... with hidden talent and a whole lot of much more).

http://www.gailsorronda.com/ ( Have a taste of the design offerings)



Love me or hate me,


Madam Alexandra E.
fashion critic.fashion expert.fashion queen