WE ALL DESERVE A STYLISH SECOND CHANCE


Clink the champer flutes dears, Brisbane's so called 'biggest fashion event' is about to hit the town, the town of 'Brisbane City Hall' that is.

Whilst I applaud Brisbane's attempts to create and promote their flurry of designers, correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't they at least attempt to put on a romp and stomp fashion extravaganza like their sister states of Sydney and Melbourne?

Sipping on my daily dose of tea, I perused the pages of their program for this year. I could only see but a few shows that would have been worth my while to attend.

Personally I, Madam Alexandra E. loves events that showcase fashion flair and uniqueness, I want to see the young designers weeded out from all the nook and crannies, I want to see fashion individual designers, based on talent not on how much they can afford to pay to showcase. I certainly don't want to see what I can see in my down town boutique, nor do I want to see my suburban boutique ear marked as one of the 'highlight' fashion shows of the evening!.

Sorry dear, but I much prefer viewing the works of designers who will actually be physically present at the show, so I can cast my roving eyes upon. I want to see the show's that allow the elusive designer to duck out for a quick second to take their grand stand 5 minutes of applause and appreciation.

I turn a blind eye to the events that try to pass off showcasing garments from a fashion boutique as a 'fashion festival', if I really wanted to see these then I would much prefer to go to the store and peruse in my own time.

Organisers have passed the reasoning, that it is a festival about showcasing 'ready to wear' garments. Allowing fahsion lovers to view the garments in a stylised format and then skip down to the actual local boutique to try and buy. A useful tip to the organisers: Leave this kind of showcasing to the boutique companies, 'mbff is big', so then put on something different! Impress me please.

However having aired my graces vocally, I guess I should applaud Brisbane for at least trying to get her foot into the fashion arena. I did see some local designers featured which should make some of us fashion lovers skip and dance for a second.

I guess I'll give 'mbff' a chance, as the saying goes 'we all get better with experience'. So maybe just maybe, 'mbff' will give us a few more wow's as the years trudge on. Or else maybe I should just attend the shows that please my eyes?

Style rating:
mbff - "Applaud"


SIGHT SEEING: Girl wearing sheer black tights with short purple woollen hangover dress.

Excuse me ladies, but I know that black tights are the fashion staple for this Winter, as it has been for the past two Winters. But please don't pull out your sheer black 'stockings' and pass them off as those leg hugging tights! .

I almost tripped and fell when I spotted fashion no no, scurrying down the halls of eatery X, in horrible sheer as clear stockings and a woollen so called dress, I swear on my lipgloss it was a shrunken shirt.

Looking absolutely awful, her skin was completely visible through the sheerness, if i was any closer I swear I would have seen the 'hair growth'. As I said in sight seeing number 1. sheer should be left only for lingerie.

P.S. I love tights 'non see through ones' that is, the ones you can wear in good stylish taste, not the ones that you wear under office skirts.
Style rating:
sheer stockings - 'curling my lips'

Love me or hate me,

Madam Alexandra E.
fashion critic. fashion expert. fashion queen