MY ONLY ONE - TOP SHOP'S NEW RECYCLING FASHION CONCEPT..... FOR EMERGING DESIGNERS.



Ahem... don't tell me I didn't say so! 'recycled/ vintage/ reworked/ rediscovered.. just re - this , re - that.. re - whatever.. is the IN THING!'. So big is it such that the much loved U of K ( UK ) conglomerate.. TOPSHOP has launched a new little concept label.. off the side but very much a part of Top shop. Introducing the birth of MY ONLY ONE!, an online sister/ brother arm of top shop... selling everything recycled!.

The fashion philosophy for My Only One is: Recycle - to find orphaned clothing and give it new life, Remake - emerging designers will recreate the garments into something new and different, and last but not least.. to Relove ( ohhhh mwah mwah xoxoxo)garments are transformed ready to be reloved again!.

I was trying to tell the Aussie fashionista's that this was going to be huge.. but alas only a few smart fashion lovers.. sat up and listened.. for some reason the Aussie blood still refers to the vintage concept as 'flea markets', ( cringe). Although we are slowly getting there... very slowly.. like a turtle slowly.

Can anyone imagine... wearing a cute little tube skirt birthed and reworked from your dad's sweat shirt???? too unworthy to envisage.. but this is exactly the new concept of My Only One.

So does this mean... if I cart over my jumpsuits, odd bits and pieces of fashion gearing.. then I can receive a whole new wardrobe?.. well technically... styles????. Maybe the local alterations lady.. can transform your little boardie shorts into that fab vest???.xoxox.

Could couture quite possibly catch onto the whole reworked and recycle concept??? other than the works of Mrs Press ( an Australian label dedicated to reworking fashion).

Maybe if I sing my fashion tunes loud enough.. Mr Daniel Alexander ( Couture King of the moment)... can create.. a magnificent.. vintage reworked or something couture gown???.. made from soccer socks, last years Balenciaga ( ooohhh nice), and throw in my mums nightie. What can you make from this Mr Alexander???

Recycled couture???? ummm not really in this lifetime anytime soon.. unless it was Chanel vintage reworked. xoxo.

Will this concept of online recycleing fashion work for My Only One???? - I declare.. yes!... of course it will!.. it's a concept breathing new life into 'fashion design'. This could mean an advantage point for boutique owners..... last seasons fashion flaring can be stored away and reworked into something for this season.. Mwah xoxo... this could just go on and on and on.

So does this mean... I melt down by stubby bits of Chanel lippy, Clinique lippy, E. Arden lippy.. to create a new recycled, reworked and reloved version of a new lippy titled 'Chaneliquearden'????? ( I think NOT!!!!).

Style rating: My Only One ( online recycled shop) - raising my eyebrow ( Benefit of the doubt)
Do your homework fashion lovers: http://www.myonlyone.co.uk/ coming soon... you'll just have to wait.


Love me or hate me



Madam Alexandra E.
fashion critic.fashion expert.fashion queen