SUBFUSCO CONCEPT STORE: the home of Mr JS.

Upon invitation to this event, I discreetly entered the Subfusco concept store opening. Everything appeared well in check... all efforts were made to clearly make this an 'opening event'. Decked with the mini red carpet.. and a member of the Subfusco team diligently stationed at the door, ticking off names as guests entered.

Not really uttering a single word, I made my way around the store taking in all surroundings and doing what I simply do best.... just OBSERVING!.

My observations in no particular order... but instead from the top of my memory:

1. The host Mr Joshua S. a very gracious host indeed. I could see upon observation, that he made his presence be known in a very accepting manner.. 'no loud boisterous - "this is me the designer personality".. but instead his presence was conducted almost in a 'home-like' sense. An analogy I can use is... I got the feeling that Mr JS was simply 'Welcoming' his guests into his 'home' xo. Almost like when an owner of his home opens up his doors, and he is excited, proud and confident to put his work on display xoxo.

2. His team was scattered amongst the bevvy of guests.. the in - store stylists.. the model.. etc, no feeling of a pretentious environment, but instead a very relaxed evening.

3. Like his designs... the store was purely... simple, purely white.. and purely not decked out with nonsense. The space was small and almost intimate with the Femme and Homme collections clearly housed on opposite sides of the room. The designs?... simply fantastic... I have always been an astute fan of the Subfusco label, I have always declared that Mr JS has the talent of tapping into the 'tomorrow market' for the 'today market'. Simply thinking ahead of his creatives.

4. I loved the 'lane - way' outdoor style set up.. which was pretty much next door to the concept store... it allowed guests to appreciate Mr J's talents in one area.. and then allowed his guests to step out and simply enjoy the open air in a party style atmosphere xoxo.


Conclusion: The event was non - cliche...., yet at the same time maintaining a very individual 'flare'. I fell in love with the Subfusco 'Extragalactic Cape'... in black and white xo.

This Fall on this side of the Hemisphere.. it's all about Subfusco.

P.S. and of course The Subfusco team managed to attract the clicking of cameras from various press. xoxo.

To my international readers direct yourselves to:
http://www.subfusco.com/

Love me or hate me,


Madam Alexandra E.(k)